Varicose veins treatment
Blood flows in one direction only. On the way down, the arterial system releases oxygen to muscles and organs.
On the way back, oxygen-depleted blood and waste products are drained via the venous system. Special valves in this system should prevent the blood from flowing back into the legs.
Visit our online store!
Free shipping throughout the Netherlands.
Your compression stockings delivered in two working days!
Sometimes those venous valves in the venous system no longer close properly. The blood may then accumulate in the vein. This increases the pressure on the vein wall. Because it is flexible, the vein expands. The blood then flows back, in the wrong direction. This results in a varicose vein.
You can see varicose veins underneath the skin. They look like winding lanes on the leg. Sometimes they are blue. They are most common on the calf, the hollow of the knee and the inside of the thighs. Hereditary predisposition, pregnancy, standing or sitting for a long time, obesity and old age can all be factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins.
Most varicose veins are harmless. They are not pretty, but they rarely lead to severe pain. However, legs can feel heavy, tired and warm due to varicose veins. Also, a tense feeling in the legs, cramps, a pulling or tingling sensation can occur.
SolvaCare compression stockings can relieve complaints. Because they support the flow of blood in the lower legs, these stockings effectively prevent varicose veins.
The following tips ensure a healthy blood circulation and can help prevent varicose veins.
- Do not stand still for too long, stretch your feet or stand on your toes regularly. Do you have a job where you have to stand for a long time? Then make sure you sit down regularly.
- Do you have a sedentary job? Try to do some tasks standing up and take a walk during breaks.
- Avoid tight shoes, high heels and tight clothing.
- Tackle overweight, obesity causes varicose veins.
- Do the following exercise every day: sit down or lie down and lift your legs without bending them. Make circular and pumping movements with your foot.